Post a Job
Promote Job Opportunities
Toggle ItemRecruiting Policy
Toggle ItemHow to Post a Job
Once you have been approved to post positions at BYU, there are two ways to post a job:
1. On the homepage of your Handshake account, click “Post a Job”
2. Click the jobs tab and click “Create Job”
3. Go through the required pages on Handshake for the job posting
There are four required pages of the job posting form: Basics, Details, Preferences, and Schools. You do not have to fill out every field to create your job – required inputs will be identified with an asterisk (*). NOTE: the more fields you complete, the more likely you will be to attract well-qualified candidates.
4. Select BYU to post at and create your job posting
Once you have finished editing your job posting, select Brigham Young University from the left column using the + button and click “Create” to post your job.
Toggle ItemTips for Job Posting
Recruiting Experience Team Advice
- When posting your job you must complete all the required asterisk fields. Handshake encourages employers to fill out additional fields to attract well-qualified candidates.
- Create a high-quality employer profile complete with a robust website for students to learn more about your company.
Promoting Your Job
- Career Directors are a great resource for job promotion to students in the colleges they advise. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for Career Directors to help get the word out about your job.
- Any upcoming events or fairs that your company is attending at a school will be promoted on the job posting for students 60 days before the event. Learn more about requesting on-campus information sessions and registering for a career fair here.
- When posting a job with multiple locations, create one posting and indicate the locations in the Job location field in the Details tab.
- This will allow you to manage the posting more effectively and prevent individual postings for the same job.
- When choosing majors or major groups in the Major categories field in the Preferences tab, select the most appropriate majors or major groups for the position instead of choosing all majors.
- The majors or major groups selected should correlate with the information provided in the description field.
- Choosing the most appropriate majors or major groups will ensure that qualified students view the job on their feed.
- While the School year is an optional field, select the preferred schoolyear(s) for the job listed to narrow down your candidate pool.